If you notice standing water in your bathtub or kitchen sink draining very slowly, then probably your drains get clogged. Fortunately, if caught early , you can clear a clogged drain using common household items such as hot water, vinegar, baking soda and more.
Following are some simple ways through which you can clean any clogged drain just like a professional plumber:
- You need to collect household cleaning items to open the drain. Vinegar is widely used for clogged train. You can also use lemon juice, baking soda, salt or borax, which is a multipurpose cleanser.
- Pour vinegar and other cleaning agents down the drain. This mixture will foam up on its own as the chemical reaction takes place. You can make cleaning agent by mixing vinegar and baking soda, lemon juice and baking soda, or salt, borax and vinegar.
- Close the drain or cover it with steaming hot cloth. Keep the drain closed for 30 minutes.
- Use a small sink size plunger to agitate the clogged-up material to create a seal and push up and down on the rubber base of the plunger.
- Use a hanger to pull out the clog.
- Flush the drain with hot water.
Repeat the process is water is draining slowly. If you do not have time, or cannot do it correctly, it is advisable to hire professional plumber to fix clogged drains in hassle-free way.